Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foam
Hi just wanted to clarify some stuff about foam. 

I get that the gate is disabled when foamed. Can you spend the 3ap to remove this any subsequent turn or can it only be removed immediately?

If it can be removed at any turn what is to stop you from leaving a gate foamed (essentially protected as it cannot be attacked) until all your opponents gates have been destroyed and then un-foaming it to win the game?

Thanks  Smile
Follow up question Smile

I have one gate remaining. During my opponents turn my gate is foamed. This means when he resolves combat I have no gates in play. Have I lost (I thought I had). Or can I carry on playing by un-foaming my gate?

If I had lost this could be clarified with a rule such as:
A gate can be un-foamed by spending 3AP at the start of your turn but only if you have at least one open/closed gate still in play.

Cheers Smile
(12-28-2018, 08:42 AM)Macguffin Wrote: Hi just wanted to clarify some stuff about foam. 

I get that the gate is disabled when foamed. Can you spend the 3ap to remove this any subsequent turn or can it only be removed immediately?

If it can be removed at any turn what is to stop you from leaving a gate foamed (essentially protected as it cannot be attacked) until all your opponents gates have been destroyed and then un-foaming it to win the game?

Thanks  Smile

You can DISCARD 3AP of cards from your hand (on your turn) to remove the foam.
(12-30-2018, 11:44 AM)Macguffin Wrote: Follow up question Smile

I have one gate remaining. During my opponents turn my gate is foamed. This means when he resolves combat I have no gates in play. Have I lost (I thought I had). Or can I carry on playing by un-foaming my gate?

If I had lost this could be clarified with a rule such as:
A gate can be un-foamed by spending 3AP at the start of your turn but only if you have at least one open/closed gate still in play.

Cheers Smile
A foamed gate counts as useless, so if you have 1 gate remaining and your opponent foams it, you will lose at the end of combat.

Foam can be removed by discarding 3AP worth of cards from your hand (on your turn). 
Since you can only play cards from your hand on your turn, I think the "3AP at the start of your turn" is redundant.

Thanks for the questions and sorry for the extreme delay in responding to this. 
I'm back on the job
-herb